The principal source of exposure to radiation in the home is from radon gas. Radon comes from the ground and may accumulate in your home to unacceptable levels. Long-term exposure to the radioactive gas can lead to lung cancer. Therefore, we recommend that everybody should have their home tested for radon, regardless of where they live or how old their house is.
This section of our website briefly explains what radon is, how it is measured and how to protect your home. Statistics on our measurements throughout the country are also given.